Military Spouse Education Resources

Financial Assistance

- myCAA

- GI Bill transferability

- In-State Tuition – Spouses of servicemembers on active duty for 30 or more days are eligible to receive in-state tuition at public colleges and universities in the state where they reside or are permanently stationed. Military spouses continue to pay the in-state tuition rate as long as they remain continuously enrolled at the institution, even if the service member is reassigned outside the state. If you have any problem obtaining in-state tuition, you are encouraged to contact your university’s financial aid, registrar, or Veterans Affairs office.

-The Joanne Holbrook Patton Military Spouse Scholarships

-Student Educational Employment Program

Additional Education Resources

- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) – A consortium of colleges that was created to provide educational opportunities to servicemembers who frequently moved. Though the SOC is mainly aimed at assisting the veteran in the pursuit of higher education, military spouses can benefit from the organization’s list of “military friendly” colleges.